Maintaining good team morale is important for companies not just to thrive and survive, but to succeed amid the pandemic and beyond. That is why it is important for companies to foster a positive work culture.
According to the Deloitte Global Human Capital Trends 2021, brands need to center their decision-making on employee wellness. Offices should reset their strategies, modify policies, and put their workforce’s welfare first. Here are some tips for leaders to boost productivity, reduce stress, and maintain balance:
- Try an inclusive approach. Companies needs to step up the message that they care about the overall wellbeing of their team. That includes the social, financial, community and physical aspects of their lives.
- Promote cyber wellness. Most people are working from home, and the experience adds more pressure to manage technology. Hence, organizations must consider the security settings of their workforce to protect their online meetings. At the same time, they should bear in mind the importance of digital detox.
- Hear them out. Before the pandemic, workers already had a lot on their plates. Enter a global pandemic, and people are more prone to getting stressed out. Thus, companies should invest in diverse mental wellbeing offerings, such as online counseling and virtual meditation sessions.
- Take into consideration their personal lives. Stress in people’s personal lives can affect their focus. According to research by Headspace, employees have observed that workplace stress hemorrhage into their personal space. Sharing self-care videos or mindful exercises and games can help them maintain balance for their personal lives.
- Bear in mind that vulnerability is not a weakness. It’s important for business leaders to understand that being sad and overwhelmed does not make you a weak person. It’s only normal, and that’s what makes you human. Hence, leaders should listen to understand where their employees are coming from.
Investing in the overall wellbeing of one’s workforce can do wonders to an organization. Happy and well-balanced employees foster brand loyalty. In turn, the company can grow and be more successful. After all, a company is only as strong as its workforce.