Don’t you wish you had effortlessly beautiful skin? Well, the truth is that you have to work to achieve a beautiful glow.
Aside from regular exercise, getting enough sleep, and managing stress well, you need to eat food that will help you get that coveted ‘glow up’. As per Women’s Health Magazine, here are some food items to include in your shopping cart today:
- Avocado. This superfood helps in maintaining the skin’s barrier function and prevents moisture loss. You can add them to your scrambled eggs or simply season them. The possibilities are delicious.
- Broccoli. This vegetable is packed with Vitamin C. It aids in boosting collagen production which softens fine lines and wrinkles. You can either steam them or cook dishes with them. The choice is yours.
- Ginseng. A popular root in herbal teas, this can help brighten your skin over time. You can add it to your cup of tea or stir-fry it with other vegetables.
- Red bell peppers. Spice up your food and glow up at the same time with this fruit. Rich in antioxidants, it can help brighten and firm up your skin. Plus, it can add a punch of flavor to your dishes.
- Salmon. This fish is rich in omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, which nourish your skin from the inside out. Isn’t that a great excuse to have some salmon sashimi?
- Citrus fruits. Going totally fruity will help you achieve a beautiful glow. Citrus fruits like oranges and lemons are rich in Vitamin C, which helps with the skin’s overall texture.
- Tomatoes. Tomatoes contain Lycopene, which helps eliminate skin-aging free radicals caused by the sun’s ultraviolet rays. It is also rich in Vitamin C, which is a total win.
As the old saying goes, you are what you eat. That’s why you need to nourish your body with the vitamins and nutrients it needs to boost your immunity and give you that ‘glow up’ you’ve always wanted.