Being a stay-at-home parent is a tough job. However, it can be extra challenging to make ends meet for the family especially now. Even if you have little resources to spare, you can still help out and make money while managing the family at home. According to Entrepreneur Magazine, here are some business ideas you can considering trying:
- Financial aid consulting business. As a parent, you think about a lot of things, and that includes your children’s future. Help other parents mitigate the rising costs of educational expenses by helping them with financial aid options such as insurance plans.
- Consignment online shop. A lot of people have been turning to shopping online, and you should take advantage of this trend by selling consigned items on the web. As a consignment shop owner, you don’t have to pay for your inventory until the items are sold. Hence, you don’t need a huge capital to try this out.
- Gardening business. If you’re a certified plantito or plantita of Manila, you can monetize your hobby by selling some plants to other people. If you have a herb or vegetable garden in your property, you can consider selling the produce or seeds as well.
- Personal chef. If you’re a gifted cook, you should consider preparing meals for other people. If you’re not keen on starting a full on food business, you can be someone’s personal chef. This way, you focus on cooking for just one customer or family at a time.
- Soap making. Soaps are cheap to make, and a lot of people are going back to basics by buying all-natural products, including soap. That’s why you should get crafty, and make specialty soaps right in your kitchen. You even save your family some money by cutting back on toiletry costs.
Nowadays, it’s all about getting creative. You can give your family the love, time and attention they need while helping put food on the table at the same time. Besides, everyone needs a hobby, right?