Ella Cruz became a meme when she said ‘history is tsismis.’
Former child star Ella Cruz broke the internet when she sat down with Boy Abunda. Ella went on Tito Boy’s YouTube channel, where she talked about her role in Maid in Malacañang
When the host asked her about her statement on history being mere gossip, Ella broke down. Netizens’ comments about her being an apologist and enabler didn’t go over her head. Naturally, the moment she cried has become a meme.
Here are twelve of the best such memes out there.
Ella Cruz, meme queen
1. A beauty queen overwhelmed with joy at winning the crown.
2. Ella is the poster child for those who can’t fix their eyeliner.
3. Ella coughs while eating Mik-Mik, a powdery snack from the ’90s.
4. Ella blows on hot noodles.
5. Ella tries to eat piping hot takoyaki.
6. Ella takes on the Samyang challenge.
7. A Tarantadong Kalbo original involving boba milk tea.
8. Ella trying to cool a Tuna Pie by blowing on it.
9. Ella trying to blow out the candles on a cake.
10. When you bump your pinky toe and it hurts like hell.
11. When you’re trying to emote on a jeepney ride.
12. When you’re trying to whistle, but you don’t know how.
It’s getting harder to go viral these days. For some, it takes hours of work and study to come up with shareable content. For Ella Cruz, it only took a crying session to become an internet sensation. Jokes aside, her statement that “history is tsismis” is so wrong on so many levels.
Yes, Ella, may nasaktan ka nung sinabi mo yun. Sino? Lahat ng biktima ng Martial Law. The atrocities of the first Marcos administration are well-documented. Try picking up a book sometime.
Featured Image Macky Arquilla