Admittedly, it can be difficult to keep up with the ever-changing quarantine restrictions in the country. The Inter-Agency Task Force on Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF) has announced that Metro Manila will be under ‘Alert Level 3’ starting October 16.
Ok, cool, but what does that mean, anyway? More businesses will get to resume operations. Basically, intrazonal and interzonal travel for people between the ages of 18 to 65 will be allowed. For fully vaccinated folks, there will be 30% capacity for indoor venues and 50% capacity for outdoor establishments. You just have to bring proof that you’re fully vaccinated before you’re allowed to enter.
These are the kinds of activities allowed under Alert Level 3:
- MICE (meetings, incentives, conferences, and exhibitions)
- Social events such as birthdays, weddings, debuts, reunions, etc
- Visitor and tourist attractions
- Amusement parks
- Recreational venues
- Cinemas and movie houses
- Licensure and entrance/qualifying exams
- In-person religious gatherings
- Dine-in services
- Personal care establishments
- Fitness studios
Here are the activities that are still prohibited:
- Face-to-face / in-person classes
- Contact sports except those in a bubble type setup
- Venues with live voice and wind-performing instruments
- Funfairs and kid amusement industries
- Gaming establishments such as casinos, horse racing, cockfighting, and other betting shops except authorized by the IATF of the Office of the President
- Gathering in residences with individuals not belonging to the same household
On the flip side, it is expected that cinemas and amusement parks will finally resume operations. However, it’s still important that people follow social distancing protocols just to be on the safe side. While there are more things allowed with this new alert level, people shouldn’t abuse them by going all out. It still pays to be safe than sorry. After all, the pandemic is still on the rampage.
Art Daniella Sison