After almost eight years, Julia Montes is finally coming back on the big screen!
Following days of speculations online, Julia Montes and Alden Richards have finally confirmed rumors of them starring in a new movie for the first time.
During the April 18, 2023 announcement, the two actors were revealed to headline the upcoming romance-drama “Five Break-Ups and a Romance.”
Montes is a homegrown artist of ABS-CBN and managed by Cornerstone Entertainment while Richards is an exclusive artist of Sparkle, GMA-7’s talent management arm.
The movie was written and is to be directed by Irene Villamor.
Villamor was previously known for helming the hit films “Ulan” (2019), “Sid & Aya: Not A Love Story” (2018), “Meet Me In St. Gallen” (2018), and “Camp Sawi” (2016).
Produced by Cornerstone Entertainment’s CS Studios, Myriad, and GMA Films, Montes and Richards will be playing the role of Justine and Lance, respectively. They will soon be flying to Singapore to shoot the film.
According to Villamor, the film will focus on the complications of a relationship between two strong people who will try to break up five times.
Immediately after the announcement, the tags “Julia Montes” and #FiveBreakUpsAndARomance landed on the top trending topics on Twitter.
READ ALSO: Alden Richards Gives Update On Movie With Bea Alonzo And Teases Next Projects
Julia Montes and Alden Richards’ reaction
Both Montes and Richards are thrilled to be working with each other.
“Nung nalaman ko po siyempre nagulat ako, hindi na ako magkukunwari. ‘Seriously, ako po?’ Then siyempre honored and happy ako to work with him. Hindi pa kami masyadong nagshu-shoot pero naa-appreciate ko,” Montes says of her leading man.
Even before they formally start filming, Richards, for his part, is already hoping to work with Montes again.
“Na-excite ako with the idea of me being paired with Julia kasi I know how brilliant of an actress she is. Kumbaga parang si Jules ‘yung isa sa leading ladies, parang naka-partner ko so far, by far na unang meeting pa lang ay wala ng pretensions, naramdaman ko ang sincerity immediately. So, hindi rin ako natakot to give my all in this film,” Richards says.
“I think this is a start of a really good friendship and a really good working relationship with her. Sana hindi ito ‘yung huli, nandoon na ako,” he adds.
Montes was last seen on television when she starred with her rumored boyfriend Coco Martin in “FPJ’s Ang Probinsyano.” The series ended in August 2022.
She was last seen in a lead role on the big screen back in 2015 for “Halik Sa Hangin.”
Apart from “Five Break-Ups and a Romance” Montes’ fans are also looking forward to seeing her reunion movie with Martin titled “Pola.”
READ ALSO: Coco Martin Opens Up On Kissing Scene With Rumored Girlfriend Julia Montes
Banner Art Dani Sison