Don’t know what to get your dad for Father’s Day? Well, there’s nothing like cooking your way to his heart. Most dads appreciate classic food with a lot of flavor. According to Malaya, La Germania recommends the following timeless recipes that will surely impress:
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 ounces dry bread crumbs
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into halves
- 3/4 (16 ounces) jar spaghetti sauce
- 2 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350Â°F. Lightly grease a medium baking sheet.
- Pour egg into a small shallow bowl. Place bread crumbs in a separate shallow bowl. Dip chicken into egg, then into the bread crumbs.
- Place coated chicken on the prepared baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Pour 1/2 of the spaghetti sauce into a 7Ã—11 inch baking dish. Place chicken over sauce, and cover with remaining sauce. Sprinkle mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses on top and return to the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 taco seasoning
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) diced tomatoes and green chiles, divided
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, optional
- 12 taco shells
- Chopped green onions
- Preheat the oven to 425Â°F. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in taco seasoning and 1 can of undrained tomatoes; heat through.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix beans, 1/2 cup cheese, cilantro, remaining can of undrained tomatoes, and, if desired, pepper sauce. Spread onto the bottom of a greased 13Ã—9-inch baking dish.
- Stand taco shells upright over bean mixture. Fill each with 1 tablespoon cheese and about 1/3 cup beef mixture. Bake, covered, 15 minutes.
- Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted and shells are lightly browned. Sprinkle with green onions.
Fried ice cream
- 1-pint ice cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/4 cup corn cereal, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Whipped cream, for garnish
- Sprinkles, for garnish
- 4 cherries, for garnish
- Line a small sheet tray with parchment paper and place it in the freezer. Scoop ice cream into 4 balls and place on a prepared sheet tray. Keep in the freezer while making cereal mixture, at least 30 minutes.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add corn cereal and cinnamon and cook, stirring occasionally, until the cereal turns golden, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in sugar. Place in a shallow bowl and let cool.
- Remove ice cream balls from the freezer and roll them in the cereal mixture. Top with whipped cream, sprinkles, and a cherry, and serve immediately.
Above all else, it’s important you prepare these dishes with love. Your dad will appreciate the gesture, and it’s a great way to step up your culinary skills as well.