Just because Mother’s Day is over doesn’t mean you should stop showing how much you appreciate your mom and your whole family. After all, there’s no better time to demonstrate your love for them than today.
One great way to make them feel appreciated is by cooking for them. While you can always cook their favorites, there are some simple yet impressive recipes you can try not just to wow them, but to also to step up your game in the kitchen. As per Swirlingovercoffee.com, here are La Germania’s recommendations for memorable home cooked meals today:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- Combine flour, white sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, mix together egg, milk, vegetable oil, and bananas.
- Stir flour mixture into banana mixture; batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium-high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake.
- Cook until pancakes are golden brown on both sides. This dish is best served hot.
Burnt Basque Cheesecake
- 226 grams cream cheese (cold)
- 1 cup heavy cream (cold)
- 100 grams granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 15 grams cake flour
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 450 F degrees (230 C).
- Line a 6-inch cake pan with 2.5-inch sides with parchment paper.
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend together until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cake pan and then drop the pan a few times onto a kitchen towel to coax any remaining bubbles out of the batter.
- Bake the cheesecake for 22 minutes or until the top is just shy of turning black.
- Let the cheesecake cool on a cooling rack and then place it in a sealable bag and refrigerate overnight.
- 1 – 2 boneless ribeye or scotch fillet
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
- 75 grams unsalted butter
- 6 sprigs of fresh thyme or 3 sprigs of rosemary
- 5 garlic cloves
- Bring steaks to room temperature by taking it out of the refrigerator about 30 minutes before you cook them.
- Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel.
- Heat the skillet over high heat until it’s very hot.
- Season each steak generously with salt and pepper, then place on the skillet immediately.
- Sear one side according to the doneness you prefer. It takes about 3 minutes per side to cook steak medium-rare.
- Toss in the garlic, butter, and thyme, and baste unto your steak for about a minute.
- Let your steak rest for about 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
What’s great about dishes is that they don’t take a lot of time to prepare. Aside from using the freshest ingredients, it’s also important that you use good quality kitchen equipment like La Germania. Cook them with love, do your best, and you can never go wrong.