Have you ever experienced being ambushed by a visitor when your home is far from squeaky clean? It’s tempting to scramble in order to clean your space when you’re pressed for time. When you’re on panic mode though, you might not be able to get all your bases covered.
However, there’s a game plan for you to tidy up all the essential places even if you’re in a rush. Try this quick-fix guide by MyDomain.com if you need to clean your space in an hour:
- Tidy up common areas for 10 minutes. Clean the areas which your guests will most probably end up in, like the living room and the dining room.
- Wipe down the kitchen for 10 minutes. Wipe down the kitchen countertop and sinks. Move your dishes to the dishwasher if you have one.Â
- Empty the garbage bin for five minutes. Take out the trash to get rid of the unwanted smell, and to make your space look neater.Â
- Replenish toiletries for guests for five minutes. From soap to toilet paper, make sure you’re stocked with what your guests might need during their stay in your place.Â
- Sweep the floors for 10 minutes. If you have a vacuum cleaner, use it to do a quick sweep around the house or at least, the areas your guests will have access to.
- Clean the bathroom for 10 minutes. You don’t have to scrub everything down. Just make sure your toilet and sink are clean should your guests need to make use of them.Â
- Clear and dust all surfaces for five minutes. Throw away all visible clutter, and give your furniture a quick sweep.
- Make the beds for five minutes. Save this for last, as it’s just a way for you to ensure your bedroom is presentable should it need to be used for coat checking.
If you give yourself a deadline for each task, you’ll be motivated to finish everything efficiently. While it may be stressful to have to rush cleaning your home, it is possible to make it presentable even at the last minute. You can even pretend like it’s been that neat all along.Â
ALSO READ: Â 5 Advantages Of Outsourcing Your Home Cleaning