Feeling stressed out lately? While it’s important to be a productive member of society, it’s equally important to make time for self-care. According to Forbes Magazine, self-care is essential in order to maintain a healthy relationship with yourself. It also promotes work-life balance and helps you manage stress better.
So how exactly do you practice self-care anyway? You can try these rituals as recommended by pros that talked to Elle Magazine:
- Try lying down on a yoga mat for five minutes for a month. You can also do breathing exercises when you walk through the door to switch off from work.
- Have a healthy breakfast every morning. Eat loads of fresh fruits and vegetables to nurture your body. Treat yourself to some good fuel to start off your day.
- Clean your bedroom of electronic devices like phones, TVs, and laptops so you can reduce the energy-zapping electromagnetic radiation, and aren’t overstimulated before bedtime.
- Tidy the house, while playing some feel-good music. Not only will you be able to clean up your space, but you’ll also be getting in a good workout, too.
- Make time for mindful meditation. It’ll improve your overall disposition, and help you manage whatever life throws at you in a healthy way.
- Check your thoughts. If you feel crappy, you should ask yourself, “What am I thinking to make myself feel this way?” You can then change the feeling in order to feel better.
- Get moving. Even with your busy schedule, you should make time to dance and have some fun. Huge a tree if you want to. The important thing is to play in any form.
No matter how heavy your load is, it’s essential you make time for yourself. Trying one or more of these rituals could make you feel better today.