Itching to get out of the Metro for an adventure? Well, guess what? Following Boracay’s announcement that it will be waiving the RT-PCR testing requirement for visitors, two banner destinations in the country are following suit.
You can head to Bohol or Baguio as long as you’re fully vaccinated. As per the CDC, you’re considered fully vaccinated at least two weeks after receiving their second dose for two-dose vaccines. If you got jabbed with a single-shot vaccine, you’re fully vaccinated at least two weeks after inoculation.
Recently, Bohol governor Arthur Yap issued an executive order that certifies that the negative RT-PCR requirement has been lifted for fully vaccinated tourists until further notice. Travelers who are fully vaxxed simply have to present a vaccination certificate from the Department of Health’s VaxCertPH website.
If you’re partially vaccinated or unvaccinated though, you’re still required to submit a negative RT-PCR test result taken not more than 72 hours prior to your flight. This rule applies to those aged five to 17 years old.
Before you book a flight to Bohol, though, you should know that there are still other requirements. These include:
- re-booked accommodation in establishments accredited by the Department of Tourism or those with the Ultimate Bohol Experience (UBE) seal.
- QR code and letter of acceptance that may be secured from tourism.bohol.gov.ph.
- For travelers staying in Panglao, they are required to register at panglaolgu.gov.ph. This is where a letter of acceptance will be issued prior to arrival.
- Approved S-Pass Travel Coordination permit from the local government unit of destination.
- Travelers who plan to tour parts of the province must pre-book with DOT-accredited tour operators.
If your plan is to head to the summer capital of the Philippines though, you should know that Baguio accepts fully vaccinated travelers except for those from areas under enhanced community quarantine, modified enhanced community quarantine, and Levels 4 and 5 areas.
Fully vaxxed adults just need to must bring and upload their vaccination card/certificate. Like Bohol, unvaccinated or partially vaccinated minors aged 12 to 17 must present negative results of antigen or RT-PCR test that was taken within 72 hours prior to arrival or during the health screening at the city triage.
To enter Baguio, you have to create an account and register on visita.baguio.gov.ph. You must schedule your visit at least one day before you travel. Sounds easy, right? Happy travels!
Art Daniella Sison