Drake’s Certified Lover Boy just recently dropped so expect to see his lyrics posted all over Instagram.
If you’re looking for the next one-liner to use in your Instagram captions, Champagne Papi has got you covered. He understood the assignment when he said, “Under a picture lives some of the greatest quotes from me,” in ‘Champagne Poetry’. Arguably, it’s not his best album, but we’re taking notes, anyway.
- “I gotta be single for a while. You can’t control me.” – Fair Trade
- “My soulmate somewhere out in the world just waiting for me”. – Champagne Poetry
- “I think that’s what life is about, truly finding yourself.” – IMY2
- “Loyalty is priceless, and it’s all I need. Can’t burn a bridge just to light my way.” – Love All
- “Said you belong to the streets, but the streets belong to me.” – Pipe Down
- “When all the lights go out, that’s when you see the real guys.” – You Only Live Twice
- “If your whole heart wasn’t in it, I know a piece of it was.” – Race My Mind
- “Somehow I’m the greatest in the game, to my own amazement.”
- “I’ve been losing friends and finding peace. But honestly, that sounds like fair trade to me.” – Fair Trade.
- “I’m standing at the top, that’s how I know you never seen the top.” – Papi’s Home.
- “People never care ‘til its R.I.P.” – Love All
- “Imitation isn’t flattery, it’s just annoying me.” – Fair Trade
- “I can’t even hear myself when I get quiet time.” – The Remorse
- “Man, f*ck a “Respectfully,” I just want my respect.” – 7am on the Brindle Path
- “It’s not the things you say, it’s what you don’t say.” – Pipe Down
Apple Music describes CBL as “a combination of toxic masculinity and acceptance of the truth which is inevitably heartbreaking.” Despite the critical reception, the sixth studio album has already out-streamed Ye’s Donda, and it’s proving to be chockful of caption-worthy quotes. Lest we forget the Canadian rapper is the same artist behind ‘God’s Plan’, popular for the line “I only want my bed and my mama, I’m sorry.”