In recent weeks, kids from Gen Z’s were talking smack about how uncool it is to have side-part hairstyles and that middle-parts are universally flattering. If you base your personal hair preference on the standards of Internet-famous TikTok users, that’s on you, but if you’re one to look for the pro’s for knowledge, you’re in luck as a celebrity hairstylist spilled the beans on the best hair part according to the frame of your face.
Hairstylist to Hollywood celebs such as Olivia Munn, Anne Winters, and Camilla Luddington Mika Fowler recently dished out some expert advice to beauty website Byrdie.com on the hairstyles that flatter people best.
As per Fowler, a simple update to your part can enhance your features by softening sharp angles, bringing out your cheekbones, and many more. Here are some of Fowler’s hair recommendations:
- Round faces. Middle or deep side parts are the way to go for beauties with round faces. You create the illusion of length and create some symmetry by doing this. If you’re looking to cut your hair, Fowler warns against adding too many layers. On the flip side, she does say that going for a short hairstyle would look good on you.
- Square faces. For square-faced people, Fowler recommends the classic side parting for instant glamour, but she said you shouldn’t go too far. It’s all about creating balance.
- Oval faces. If you have an oval face, you’re in luck as any hair part would look good on you, so feel free to experiment according to your mood. It’s a great way to spice up your look effortlessly.
- Heart-shaped faces. If you’ve got the same face shape as Reese Witherspoon, take cues from the star by opting for a deep side part. This hair part will soften your features.
- Diamond-shaped faces. Side-parts work best for Diamond-shaped peeps as this complements their strong cheekbones and bone structure.
- Oblong faces. Middle parting adds the illusion of roundness to an oblong face. Fowler also says that getting a fringe would work really well on you.
Your hairstyle can really make or break your entire look, so if you want to look your best, it would be smart if you followed professional advice on what ‘do would work for you. With a flattering hairstyle, you’ll feel more confident, and ready to seize the day, so part away.